Seriously, I don’t know who’s cuter…
I had the absolute pleasure of spending some time chatting with the effervescent Leanne Mai-ly Hilgart of Vaute Couture in Red Radio Episode Fifty-Eight, and it was nothing short of marvelous! This woman has more drive in her left earlobe than most have at all, and it helps that she’s nothing if not charming and kind. Talk about the complete package! Hear Leanne discuss the incredible journey behind her incredible company, her love for beautiful Brooklyn, her longtime love for activism, and so much more. Plus, I share a pretty alarming Compassionate Clip of the Week regarding the ominous dairy industry. Yuck!
YOU BETTER WORK with Red Radio Episode Fifty Eight, featuring Leanne Mai-ly Hilgart of the game-changing vegan fashion house Vaute Couture! Erin Red chats with the ex-Ford (super) model about her path to veganism, her early work as a young activist, her bold decision to drop everything and launch her own vegan business, and the trials and tribulations of putting on the very first all-vegan animal rights show for New York Fashion Week 2013! Want more? Erin Red fills us up with a smorgasbord of announcements, some hearty eyerolling in The Vegan Scoop, and a bitter dose of truth in this episode’s Compassionate Clip of the Week! DELICIOUS! Please consider supporting Red Radio by visiting Erin Red’s home base erinred.com and clicking on ‘Support the Show’, and make sure to subscribe to Red Radio on iTunes (or your favorite podcatcher) today! If you love what you hear, leave a glowing review with five sparkly stars, or drop Erin Red a line at firstname.lastname@example.org and speak your truth! Don’t feel connected? Follow Erin Red on Twitter (@erinred) and Like her on Facebook (/erinred)!
For what are you waiting?! (#grammarnerd) Click the Red Radio logo to listen now!
EPISODE 58 SHOW NOTES
- Beyond “I’m Not Vegan Anymore” - a must-read from Will Tuttle
- Cats: Ethics - another appearance on The Vegan Option
- SAVVY - Rochester U’s incredible Vegan Student Association
- Luke Radl - my web guy is better than your web guy
- Catster.com - Food Stamps For Cats?…
- TheAtlantic.com - 59% of the ‘Tuna’ Americans Eat…
- Vaute Couture - Leanne Mai-ly Hilgart’s beautiful baby
- Like Vaute Couture on Facebook!
- Follow Vaute Couture on Twitter!
- CNN.com - Faux meets fabulous
- Y.E.S. Camps - an inspiration for Leanne
- YouTube.com - Breaking The Set on the dairy industry
Alright, let’s get to work on EP60.
xo Erin Red